Here’s what we’re reading today.
1. Ontario’s minimum wage jumping to $15 in 2019
“Wynne made the announcement Tuesday as part of a major overhaul of provincial laws that also includes measures to make it easier for workers to join a union and increasing annual paid vacation from two weeks to three weeks.”
2. B.C. NDP and Greens to release details of their power-sharing deal
“B.C. NDP Leader John Horgan held a triumphant meeting of his MLAs at the legislature Tuesday, as his party prepares to overthrow the governing Liberals and take power with the help of the B.C. Greens.”
3. Could medical marijuana be your next employee health benefit?
“The winds of change are blowing through employee benefit plans across Canada, and they smell like weed.”
– CBC News
4. People consumed more media than ever last year — but growth is slowing
We’ve reached peak media.
5. Russian bank owners sue BuzzFeed over Trump dossier publication
“The owners of a Russian bank are suing BuzzFeed for publishing a dossier containing unproven claims that the businessmen were involved in bribing Russian President Vladimir Putin years ago and took part in an alleged Russian government scheme to influence the 2016 U.S. presidential election.”