Contest Terms & Conditions
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF CANADA EXCLUDING QUEBEC THAT ARE OF LEGAL DRINKING AGE IN SUCH PROVINCE AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. THIS CONTEST WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO AND THE FEDERAL LAWS OF CANADA APPLICABLE THEREIN.
THE SHARP CANADIAN CLUB CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. The Sharp Canadian Club Contest (“Contest”) sponsored by Beam Canada Inc. (“Sponsor”) begins 12:00:01 p.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on November 1, 2012 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 29, 2012 (“Contest Period”) by which time all entries must be received. The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is only open to legal residents of Canada excluding Quebec that are over the legal drinking age in such Province at the time of entry, except for the following individuals who are excluded from participation in the Contest: (i) employees, directors, officers and agents of, Sponsor, its parent, affiliate, and subsidiary companies, Provincial Liquor Boards/Branches, liquor licensees, and Sponsor’s advertising and promotion agencies involved in the Contest; (ii) any independent judges involved in the Contest; and (iii) members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as including parents, spouse, children, siblings, grandparents, and each of their respective spouses) or persons with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled (whether related or not). This Contest is void in Quebec, outside Canada and where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter:
Online Entry Instructions: Beginning 12:00:01 a.m. ET on November 1, 2012, access www.sharpmagazine.com, complete all required information on the Contest entry page, and follow the on-screen instructions to submit your entry (“Entry”). Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e- mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on November 29, 2012.
4. Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third- party service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a service or entry method, as applicable. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed or misdirected, or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; (iii) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, or telephone transmissions; (v) damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer or its contents; (vi) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (vii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (viii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ix) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of prizes or prize winners; (x) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (xi) cheating or fraud by any participant.
All incomplete or non-conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
If for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winner from among all eligible non-suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE
OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO
DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Further Entry Conditions: Limit one (1) entry per person and/or email address. If more than one (1) entry is received per day per person and/or email address by any means, including, but not limited to, establishing multiple e-mail accounts, all such entries, and the person that submitted them, will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By entering, entrants acknowledge their compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Drawing/Odds of Winning: Winner will be determined in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The drawing will be conducted on or about December 6, 2012 by Sponsor or Sponsor’s agent. Odds of winning will depend on the total number of eligible entries received. To be declared the Winner of the Contest, the selected entrant must have correctly answered, without mechanical or other assistance, the mathematical skill-testing question printed on the Declaration and Release Form. Failure to correctly answer, without mechanical or other assistance, the mathematical skill testing question will result in disqualification of the entrant and forfeiture of the prize. Potential winner(s) will be notified by phone, mail or e-mail by or about December 14, 2012. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
7. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of the following:
A three (3) day/ two (2) night trip for winner and one (1) guest to the Canadian Club Brand & Heritage Centre in Walkerville, Ontario, including round trip economy airfare for two (2) people to Windsor, Ontario. Trip includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner and guest from the major commercial airport nearest winner’s residence (as determined by Sponsor) to either the Windsor International Airport or Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (as determined by Sponsor) departing Friday, April 19, 2013, returning Sunday, April 21, two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations at Caesar’s Casino Windsor in Windsor, Ontario, based on double occupancy, two (2) meals for two (2) people in the Windsor, Ontario area and one (1) VIP tour for two (2) people at the Canadian Club Brand & Heritage Centre.
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of the Grand Prize is $2,500.00 CAD. The actual retail value will vary based on the departure point and fluctuations in airfare.
If the Grand Prize winner resides within 200 KM of Windsor, Ontario, then the Grand Prize winner will not be eligible for the airfare portion of the Grand Prize. The Grand Prize winner and his or her designated Travel Partner will be required to travel together on the same itinerary.
The approximate retail value of all available prizes is $2,500.00 CAD. Actual value may vary based on point of origination and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of any prize will not be awarded in cash or in any other form. Dollar amounts are expressed in Canadian currency. No transfer or substitution of prizes (or any portion thereof) or cash alternative permitted, except as provided herein. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event the advertised prize is unavailable. The prize will be awarded provided a sufficient quantity of qualifying entries are received, and the prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. The prizes will be awarded according to these rules and distributed no later than November 30, 2012, provided they are claimed in accordance with these Official Rules.
All trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which do not sponsor, authorize or otherwise endorse Canadian Club® Whiskey or this promotion.
8. Verification/Prize Claim: Winner must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim or participate in a prize. Winner will be required to sign and return a Declaration and Release form, and may be required to sign additional documents without additional compensation (where permitted by law), within three (37) business days of notification or the prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems a potential winner ineligible to receive a prize for any reason, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Each guest will be required to sign and return a Declaration and
Release form within a specified time period as a condition of participating in prize trip. Sponsor’s decisions will be final, binding and non-appealable in all matters relating to this Contest.
9. Rights: By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor, Provincial Liquor Boards/Branches, independent judges, their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize-related activities (if applicable), including but not limited to travel related thereto.
By accepting a prize, Winner agrees that any liability concerning or arising out of his/her prize rests solely with the common carrier on which the winner traveled, the hotel that provided lodging, or the manufacturer of the goods, (as applicable) and/or the respective affiliates of each of the foregoing.
Furthermore, Winner, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that Sponsor is in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
10. Consent to Publicity: By entering the Contest or accepting a prize, entrants consent to the collection, use, storage and distribution of their personal information, including, without limitation, their name, address, telephone number and age by Sponsor in reference to: i) all matters related to this Contest; ii) in any publicity carried out by Sponsor without additional notice compensation; and iii) future brand-related communications should entrants opt to receive such communications. Such information is stored for only so long as required to complete the purpose for which it was collected. An entrant’s personal information shall not be provided to any third party by Sponsor without the entrant’s consent, except for the purposes of executing and administering this Contest and the prizes. If an entrant would like that personal information removed from Sponsor’s database at the conclusion of the Contest, send this request in writing to The Sharp Canadian Club Contest, c/o Beam Canada Inc., 67 Mowat Avenue, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M6K
11. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that this Contest shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of the province of Ontario and the laws of Canada applicable therein. Sponsor reserves the right to take such action as it deems necessary to enforce these Official Rules and ensure the fair operation of this Contest, including without limitation barring entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules. This Contest is void in Quebec, outside of Canada and where prohibited by law.
12. For a list of the major prize winners, send a self-addressed stamped business-size envelope after December 14, 2012 and no later than January 14, 2012 to: The Sharp Canadian Club Contest, c/o Beam Canada Inc., 67 Mowat Avenue, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M6K 3E3.
13. Sponsor: Beam Canada Inc., 67 Mowat Avenue, Suite 200, Toronto, Ontario, M6K