The Glenlivet & Sharp
Summer is the season of patios and endless happy hours. It’s backyard barbecues and picnics in the park. It’s long, star-gazing nights by the lake. And most importantly, it’s doing all that with your favourite people — this year in particular.
For most of us, summer is also the season of spritzes and G&Ts and ice cold beers. There’s nothing wrong with that. A perfect summer drink should be refreshing above all else — light, breezy, and full of bright flavour. But we’ll admit to feeling a bit sad that our beloved single malts rarely make an appearance between June and September.
The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve is about to change all that. Selectively finished in former Caribbean Rum casks, this is definitely not a whisky made for slippers and board games. Its profile is very much built for summer: beautifully balanced, smooth, and unexpectedly tropical, with notes of sweet pear and ripe bananas, and caramel toffee on the palate.
That unique profile is what makes The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve perfect for backyard barbecues or long, lazy evenings on a friend’s balcony. You can totally enjoy it on its own; it’s easy to sip and savour while flipping burgers or roasting marshmallows. But thanks to those tropical notes, it’s also brilliant in cocktails — because even on the hottest summer nights, you might not want another margarita if you’re really a whisky drinker at heart.
To that end, The Glenlivet and David’s Tea have partnered to develop some seriously refreshing cocktails that are juicy, flavourful, and ideal for kicking off your next backyard hang. Our favourite, The Mango Punch, mixes The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve and David’s Mango Fruit Punch in a bright, tropical concoction that we’re certain will become your warm weather go-to. The recipe is right here — so get out there and make the most of this all-too-short season.
The Mango Punch
- 2 Perfect Spoons of Mango Fruit Punch
- ½ cup Water
- 1.5 oz. The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve
- 3 oz. Mango Fruit Punch Concentrate
- ½ tsp Lemon Juice
- Grated Ginger
- 2 dashes Orange Bitters
- Using a STEEPER or filter, steep 2 PERFECT SPOONFULS of MANGO FRUIT PUNCH in ½ cup hot water for 7 minutes
- Dispense or pour into a measuring cup and let cool to room temperature
- Fill an old-fashioned glass with ice and add The Glenlivet Caribbean Reserve, Mango Fruit Punch concentrate, lemon juice, and freshly grated ginger then stir
- Add orange bitters and garnish with a slice of lemon
For more information, go to theglenlivet.com.